Welcome to the AcerEvan Wiki Fanon Awards!
An Avatar Wiki Fanon Awards, or usually called Fanon Awards, acknowledge outstanding achievement in the fan fiction portal, recognize the hard work of fanon authors. The ceremony features the excellent performances of leading writer, editor, and also the fanon itself.
The first Fanon Awards had been held in the February 21, 2010, under the management of Template:F. The Fanon Awards use plurality voting system, which every users in the Avatar Wiki could cast their vote. The first ceremony generates 12 categories, which now had been decreased to 11 with a few renamed categories. The Fifth Fanon Awards ceremony will take place in August 2013.
- Outstanding Drama Series - Essentially for anything that doesn't fall into 'Comedy' or 'New' Series.
- Outstanding New Series - The best of the new crop. It will likely become legendary.
- Outstanding Comedy Story - This story will make you 'Lol.'
- Outstanding Short Series - The best of those fanons comprised of five chapters or less.
- Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series - The best written chapter on the wiki. Bar none.
- Outstanding Writing in a New Series - The best written chapter that the newer additions have to offer. A sign of great things to come.
- Best Female Main Character - The greatest heroine of the wiki.
- Best Male Main Character - The strongest central figure of a series.
- Best Female Supporting Character - She holds everything together.
- Best Male Supporting Character - This guy makes everything possible.
- Best Villain - This guy is so bad, he could almost conquer the wiki.
- Single Achievement Award - Outstanding Author - The most consistent author on the wiki.
- Single Achievement Award - Outstanding Editor - This user makes a good chapter great.
- Single Achievement Award - Outstanding New Author - He or she will become the best author ever.
- Single Achievement Award - Outstanding Illustrator - The Leonardo da Vinci of the wiki, the one who made amazing visual images to make the words come to life.
Nomination process Edit
The following process is to be followed in all award ceremonies;
- There will be a maximum of five fanon nominations per category.
- The Council lists three of the five nominations.
- The Avatar Wiki Community lists the remaining two nominations.
- The nominees must be eligible for the category they are nominated for, according to the date of eligibility.
- Stories and users nominated must have published or revised new content during or after August 2012.
- Stories will be considered "new" if they were created during or after August 2012. Authors will be considered "new" if they made their debut onto the fanon portal during or after August 2012.
- Previous winners of a given category may not be nominated again.
- After the announcement of the Council nominations, the community has five days to propose other nominations on the current ceremony's talk page.
- Community may not nominate a fanon that is already nominated by the Council for the same category.
- Nominations of own work are not allowed.
- The community may nominate multiple fanon pages of the same author, even of the same series for a category, but note that only the best of these "double nominations" will proceed to the official nomination stage.
- After this, another five day period will start in which voting on the community nominations will be opened. A Council member will declare the voting open at 12:00 EST (noon).
- The two fanons for each category with the most community support will be added on the official nomination page with the Council's suggestions.
- No fanon may be officially nominated twice, so if the top two voted fanons are of the same fanon, the one with the fewest votes will be replaced by the first runner up of another fanon.
- If there is a tie between fanons for the second nomination spot, the Council will decide which one proceeds to the official nomination stage.
- Once voting is opened, the community has a seven days per category to support one of the suggested fanons in each category. The voting process shall take place through commenting. Votes on your own work will be disqualified.
- After voting is closed, the winners will be announced.
- Winners receive the corresponding template on their fanon pages and/or user pages.